Saturday, October 26, 2013

Old Window

Back in high school, Rory bought a few old windows.  He used one to create a collage and then the other windows just sat at his parents house.  Seven years later, we finally remembered to grab the windows from his parents!  I decided to paint the window a light turquoise color to stand out in our dark purple bathroom.  I mixed my favorite Annie Sloan paint with simple craft paint to create the color I wanted.  I used the chalk paint so I wouldn't have to prep the window prior to painting.  I bought a book of scrapbook paper (on sale of course!).  I chose a few sheets that would compliment the purple. 



 Then, I cut out a stencil with a manila folder that matched the dimensions of each window pane.  After each rectangle was cut out, I laid each piece on the glass and put dabs of hot glue in the corners to attach it to the window.  The glue didn't bleed through which was one concern I had.  I am happy with the result and I am sure I will be doing something very similar with the other windows we have!






No comments:

Post a Comment