Monday, October 7, 2013

Apple & Pumpkin Picking

Ever since I started college, I have wanted to go apple picking. Eight years, I have waited. Eight years!  This past Sunday, I couldn't have the grocery store be my only outing so I convinced Rory it would be a great idea to go pick some apples and pumpkins.  Okay, so I promised him I'd make an awesome apple pie.  So, we rushed over to a nearby farm before the Ravens game.  Rory was reluctant, Deaglan was clueless, but I was excited and happy to do a seasonal activity.  Happy wife makes a happy life, right?  It is the end of apple season, so most of the trees were picked over but we were able to find some perfect apples!

Let the search begin...

 We found a variety of apples:




















         


                

We were each allowed to sample one apple so we decided to hand Deaglan the first one we picked.

He was very unsure about it at first.  Was it a ball? A new toy? Let's smell it and gnaw on it to figure it out.







We have D's approval to continue picking!


So we picked for about 20 minutes.

   

We couldn't leave without buying a pumpkin.  Who doesn't love picking out a pumpkin? Pumpkin picking would have been much more enjoyable, though, if it wasn't 80 degrees outside!



























I think Rory just enjoyed throwing Deaglan in the patch.  Deaglan didn't seem to mind.

We left with twenty pounds of apples and a twenty pound pumpkin.  I'd call that a successful Fall day!


No comments:

Post a Comment