Monday, July 29, 2013

Homemade Hamburger Buns

On our anniversary, I felt badly that I didn't really plan a special meal.  I knew Rory would be happy with hamburgers on the grill but I decided to bake hamburger buns just to add a little more effort to the meal.  It's not surprising that I saw this recipe on pinterest (buns) and have been wanting to bake them for awhile.  Typically when I bake bread it doesn't turn out well.  It is usually dense or hard on the outside and soggy on the inside.  Tommy also joined us for dinner so we could celebrate his first day of work (woo hoo! and the little king George that was born...) so we were all very skeptical as to how they would turn out.  The men were patient as I started prepping the buns at 6:30, I read the directions wrong a few times, but they were out of the oven by 8:00.  I slid them in the fridge for a few minutes to cool down so I could cut them.  Looking back, it is a really easy recipe and it'll definitely be faster and easier the next time I make them.  So I hate when the bun is bigger than the burger! These buns were perfect because they were bigger than dinner rolls but the perfect size for burgers or sandwiches.  They were slightly crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.  I will definitely be making these again!!




(Our neighbor gave us delicious tomatoes from their garden...wish I had a green thumb!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment