Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Favorite Fare

Sorry for that corny alliteration....since it's Father's Day, I figured I needed to bring Rory into my post somehow!  Last year, a student of mine was shocked that I had never been to the restaurant Cafe Rio.  As you probably know, Rory and I are obsessed with mexican food (some were surprised Deaglan's middle name was John instead of Juan). We hadn't even heard of the restaurant chain so we tried it out as soon as we could and we are so glad we did!  We are now obsessed with the Cafe Rio salad dressing.  It is a new household staple that we use for salad dressing, dip, sauce on tacos...or just lick out of the jar....


(baked avocado~ soooo delicious- good for dipping or salad topping!)


Cafe Rio Dressing:

  • Mix the following ingredients in a food processor.  I refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

  • 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Mix 
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 tomatillos, remove husk
  • 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
  • 1 clove garlic
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1 jalapeno (I try to leave some seeds in)

1 comment: