Monday, January 28, 2013

Kale Chips



Yesterday, I was excited to walk in the house to find that my mom had made kale chips.  I've seen them on cooking shows and they always look like such a perfect, healthy snack.

After my first bite, I wasn't sure how I felt about the taste.  Crunchy, salty, airy with a hint of kale...so I had to go back for another bite, then another and before I knew it, I had a huge handful.  I guess I liked the flavor after all!  I later found out that Rory, who is quite picky when it comes to strange food, actually nibbled on some and suggested adding garlic next time.





They are super easy to make!  You just need to wash the kale and dry it with a salad spinner and then dab with a paper towel.  Cut off the entire stem.  Toss with olive oil and bake on parchment paper at 325 for 10-20 minutes.  You take them out of the oven when the entire leaf is crispy.  Then you can season it with salt or anything else you may want (garlic, old bay, parmesan cheese, etc.)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment