Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas & New Years



Happy 2013!

As always, Christmas and New Years flew by!  I sometimes wish there were two weeks in between the two holidays to just extend the merriness a little more.  Our days were filled with plenty of food, drinks, and relaxing.  We spent New Years Eve making pizza and playing phase 10 with my parents and my aunt and uncle.  It was nice to have a quiet evening (I guess I am getting old!).  I have the best and easiest pizza dough recipe; the dough doesn't have to rise, so it is quick and works well every time.  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-pizza-crust/

On New Years Day, I baked homemade biscuits and piled on some leftover fried chicken that Rory couldn't resist getting at Royal Farms a few days before.  It sure did beat Chik-fil-A's chicken biscuit!  My dad and Rory spent the rest of the day cooking Rory's classic pork shoulder recipe.  We love buying pork shoulder because it is cheap and you can make it stretch for a few meals!  Left overs are great in tacos, soup, sandwiches, etc.  I think it was the first time I have had pork, collard greens and black eyed peas on New Years Day.  Hopefully, that means we will have a year of happiness, fortune, and luck!


Yes, that is my husband gnawing on a bone....


No comments:

Post a Comment