Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring-y Salad

A few days ago, I was not happy waking up to this…



So I decided to make this spring-y salad for lunch. 


I found this dressing on Pinterest and I originally thought I was going to use it for an Asian salad.  Rory and I like to make Asian salads with toppings such as water chestnuts, wasabi peas, asain noodles, etc.  But considering that it was so gloomy outside, I thought I'd try to make the salad more colorful. Strawberries, blueberries, avocado and the specks of poppy were just what I needed to pretend it was spring/summer weather outside.

The dressing was a good mix between sweet & salty.  Next time, I will try it without the seasoning salt just to see if it makes a difference in taste. I try not to add salt if it's unnecessary. Definitely worth trying, though, if you're tired of the same ole' salad dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment