Thursday, April 10, 2014

Poops McGhee

I just had to share that Deaglan had his first lollipop the other day at my doctor's office.  He then proceeded to scream, on the top of his lungs, for thirty minutes while I was in with the doctor.  I could hardly talk to her about my symptoms because he was hysterical.  Oh well.  At least he experienced another first, I got medicine, and we all made it out alive.


On to the poop…

As a parent of a newborn or toddler, you talk about poop all the time.  Well, not all the time, but more often than you did pre-baby.  Did they poop enough? Why do they poop so much? What is their poop telling you?  So on, and so on.

Awhile ago, Rory nicknamed Deaglan, Poops McGhee.  He poops. A lot.  Typically on a schedule though.  The other morning, on a whim, I threw him on his potty just to see what would happen.  Sure enough, he surprised me and he went to the bathroom on his toilet.  He kept cracking up whenever we waved bye to the diaper (have a cute video but it won't post!).  I figured this was just a one time thing so I didn't think much into it.  I gave him an M&M and he was tickled pink.  I talked to my mom & she said I potty trained myself at 20 months, so then I started wondering if maybe I passed this skill along to my 18 month old.


The next morning (with a stylish new hairdo), I put him on our toilet because I figured if he is going to learn, I'd rather not have to clean his nasty little toilet.  Well, he got me again and pooped on the big toilet!  Then again later that night and now again this morning. When he is finished, he does sign language for food and makes the "tr" sound, making sure I know that he deserves a treat.


I honestly didn't think he'd take to it, so I am totally unprepared to potty train.  Guess it's time I start my research. How do I potty train when he can't even talk? I've either started something really good or really bad.  Time will tell….Oh and I am sorry future Deaglan for posting these embarrassing photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment