Friday, January 17, 2014

Flavored Greek Yogurt

Before I talk about yogurt, I just have to show off one of my favorite sights.  Those little thighs are so squeezably delicious!


Any who, onto yogurt….

I have been on the greek yogurt bandwagon for awhile now but my one of my New Years resolutions is to eliminate some processed sugars from my diet (flavored coffee creamer is going to be the hardest!).  I just had to quickly share my new-ish take on adding flavor to plain greek yogurt.  Back in college, I babysat for a geology professor and they ate extremely healthy.  One odd thing I took away from the family was that the wife used to strain plain yogurt with cheese cloth to make it thick. This was before greek yogurt hit the shelves.  She then added zest, nuts, and fruit to the yogurt and stored it in a tupperware container in the fridge.  It was always my favorite snack when I would babysit!

I also like that there are different variations I can play around with, rather than just sticking with the pre-flavored yogurts sold in the store.

My favorite flavored greek yogurt consists of:

Plain greek yogurt
Orange zest 
Drizzle of honey/agave nectar
Walnuts
Dried cranberries


I have also done lemon zest and fresh blueberries…and of course a drizzle of honey.  One day, maybe in the summer, I will do lime zest.  Maybe with some chocolate chips as a dessert?  If I "create" any other yummy flavors I will be sure to pass them along!

Ok.  Just one more Deaglan photo.  Or three.  I gave him a cracker with a little bit of cream cheese.  Coolest snack ever.

 Smell test.



No comments:

Post a Comment