Friday, February 22, 2013

Almond Biscotti

I've always loved biscotti's but could never figure out why I liked them, especially since sometimes, I've had them way to hard and other times I've eaten them without even knowing what the specks inside were!  There is just something about them I've enjoyed and now that I've baked them, I realized why I love them...biscottis are an adult's excuse to eat a cookie for breakfast.  I honestly didn't know that's all a biscotti is, did you?  I was quite surprised and delighted to find out this well-known (other to me) fact while experimenting with a recipe the other day.

I found a recipe for almond biscotti on another blog (http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/03/almond-biscotti/) and followed every step but I didn't add as much orange zest as it called for and I may have added just a touch more liqueur...




I think I've found my new favorite thing to bake (I think I say this anytime I bake)! The only part I struggled with was creating two logs of equal size but they still baked evenly.  My hands were a gooey mess but sometimes that is what makes baking/cooking so fun! Most of my family has already devoured them and I passed a few out as some "just because" gifts to my husband's coworkers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment