Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Clean Coffee Pot

This has been on my mind to post for awhile...

The inside of our coffee pot has always been brown. My dad gave it to us used so I've never seen the "stainless steel" color it is supposed to be.  I've tried scrubbing it with so many different cleaning methods and still ended up with a brown coffee pot.

I am happy to say that Pinterest came to the rescue yet again!  It is soooo easy to clean I wish I found this out years ago.

All you do is boil water in a tea kettle then pour it into the coffee pot.  Drop in a  dishwasher tablet. I used the Finish brand with the little red dot in the middle (I tried using a blue gel one at first and it didn't work) and let it sit for 30-45 minutes.  My tablet was in there for close to an hour for good measure.  It was gross to see the gunk pour out of the pot when it was finished cleaning.

Now, we finally have a clean coffee pot!  I had just to pass on this awesome technique :-)

 Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment